<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, November 20, 2003

Day one..... 

"Without laughter, there is no hope, and without hope, there is nothing."

Day one. Two simple words, yet they inspire such hope and optimism. To have a day one is to not know what the ending is yet, to still be reaching for a goal that seems so far away, yet you still have a belief that it can be accomplished. Today is day one of my new life. I had a day one in the old life, and I had such high expectations for my future with that day one. Now I have a new day one, and once again I have high expectations for the future days after day one. This was a good day one because I learned some new things about myself, things I can use in my continued pursuit to be the best person I can be. There can never be anything accomplished without a day one. You may never reach day two, but there will always be a day one for something. For me, this day one was about healing, about re-evaluating my life and what I stand for and how I conduct myself. If I do not choose to do things in a different way, with a different outlook on life, then it is not day one, it would only be day ___ of the last part of my life. I choose this day to be day one, so that I may have a bright outlook of my future. I will not be discussing my past in this blog, for if I did, I again would just be continueing that part of my life, and that part is closed and over. I will only be listing the events and people that are part of my life from this day one forward. There is nothing special about my life, hardly, it has been one of mistakes and failures. But with this day one, I will have the belief and hope that maybe, just maybe, I will not have another day one, but a long string of days that only follow this day one.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?