Monday, November 24, 2003
A good start...
"Without laughter, there is no hope, and without hope, there is nothing."
To my week. Emailed and faxed my resume to a number of places today, strictly out of the newspaper's classifed job section. Called on one place, they had no email, fax, or address. Turns out they are only accepting applications by walk in. But that was ok, it is near where Dad works and I will ride the train in with him in the morning. Another place emailed me and I have an appointment for an interview on Wednesday at 10:30. Also, I printed 2 copies of my resume to mail out. They are in envelopes and all ready to go with tomorrows mail. One of the places is for a school custodian job in Benjamin, TX. I am not sure where that is, but they pay $16,000 plus living quarters, so that really makes it closer to a 20 grand a year job. I am in a position to move so why not? I need money and they need a worker. If I was ok with moving to South Dakota, then moving a few hundred miles away is nothing. I got the rebates filled and mailed, that will make Dad happy. Also got one of the little chores done that he had asked me to do. Another thing to make him happy. While I still am not working, things are looking up. Now in 2 weeks if I am still writing about only interviews, my mood will not be so upbeat. But I really do have faith that sooner or later one of these positions I am putting in for will come through. And I still am not out of the running for the BnF position, the one I truly want. They will not be deciding on that until at least the middle of the week, if not till the end. I am only assuming because of Thanksgiving, they will want to wrap it up by Wednesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers so we shall see. It is too bad that in a past life people just did not put much faith in me, but I guess what only matters now is that I have faith in myself. I have spent so much time and energy trying to take care of others, I guess now it is time to just take care of myself, especially since no one else seems to want to. I just want some peace in my life. I have worked so hard to do the right thing and it has always just backfired on me, I think I will just do right by me and if anyone ever wants to share in it, fine, but if not, that will be fine too. I no longer have the energy to deal with other peoples issues, I only have me. I am a good person and today was a good day.
To my week. Emailed and faxed my resume to a number of places today, strictly out of the newspaper's classifed job section. Called on one place, they had no email, fax, or address. Turns out they are only accepting applications by walk in. But that was ok, it is near where Dad works and I will ride the train in with him in the morning. Another place emailed me and I have an appointment for an interview on Wednesday at 10:30. Also, I printed 2 copies of my resume to mail out. They are in envelopes and all ready to go with tomorrows mail. One of the places is for a school custodian job in Benjamin, TX. I am not sure where that is, but they pay $16,000 plus living quarters, so that really makes it closer to a 20 grand a year job. I am in a position to move so why not? I need money and they need a worker. If I was ok with moving to South Dakota, then moving a few hundred miles away is nothing. I got the rebates filled and mailed, that will make Dad happy. Also got one of the little chores done that he had asked me to do. Another thing to make him happy. While I still am not working, things are looking up. Now in 2 weeks if I am still writing about only interviews, my mood will not be so upbeat. But I really do have faith that sooner or later one of these positions I am putting in for will come through. And I still am not out of the running for the BnF position, the one I truly want. They will not be deciding on that until at least the middle of the week, if not till the end. I am only assuming because of Thanksgiving, they will want to wrap it up by Wednesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed and saying my prayers so we shall see. It is too bad that in a past life people just did not put much faith in me, but I guess what only matters now is that I have faith in myself. I have spent so much time and energy trying to take care of others, I guess now it is time to just take care of myself, especially since no one else seems to want to. I just want some peace in my life. I have worked so hard to do the right thing and it has always just backfired on me, I think I will just do right by me and if anyone ever wants to share in it, fine, but if not, that will be fine too. I no longer have the energy to deal with other peoples issues, I only have me. I am a good person and today was a good day.
Comments:
Post a Comment