Friday, December 05, 2003
Been such a good week....
"Without laughter, there is no hope, and without hope, there is nothing."
First, Dad got the Buick running, then saw my old boss, got called in to take the pee test and get a background check and then Dad got the state inspection on the Buick. Everything has gone well this week. I was concerned about getting my Texas drivers license again, afraid they might pick me up because of this problem with getting credit for my child support I have paid, but I just walked in, gave my old Texas number and voila, I got the license. Here in Texas it takes 3 weeks to get the actual license, unlike in South Dakota, where it took 5 minutes, but that is fine. Took the pee test, of course no worries there, I don't even like taking aspirin or tylenol. So all we are waiting on is for the background check to come through, which should be by Tuesday and I will be working again, and doing something that I know how to do very well. They even use the same computer system that I used before. If there is one drawback, and I don't even know if it really is, my schedule will be Tuesday-Saturday. But that sure beats the old one I had at the other Nissan dealer, which was Monday-Saturday. So, work 5 days and get 2 off in a row, I can handle that. He is going to start me out at $11/hr but that will only be for the beginning, later I will most likely move to salary, and if I am going to work longer hours, it will cost more money of course. But hey, right now I don't have anyone in my life, so maybe that is a blessing in disguise. It will keep my thoughts off of other people, people that for some strange reason gave up on me when they shouldn't have. Oh well, you just can never tell about people, you think you know them, and boom, they suddenly seem like someone you never knew. Got to go for now, I have a life to lead and much to do while I have that life. I am now once again looking forward to my future again.
First, Dad got the Buick running, then saw my old boss, got called in to take the pee test and get a background check and then Dad got the state inspection on the Buick. Everything has gone well this week. I was concerned about getting my Texas drivers license again, afraid they might pick me up because of this problem with getting credit for my child support I have paid, but I just walked in, gave my old Texas number and voila, I got the license. Here in Texas it takes 3 weeks to get the actual license, unlike in South Dakota, where it took 5 minutes, but that is fine. Took the pee test, of course no worries there, I don't even like taking aspirin or tylenol. So all we are waiting on is for the background check to come through, which should be by Tuesday and I will be working again, and doing something that I know how to do very well. They even use the same computer system that I used before. If there is one drawback, and I don't even know if it really is, my schedule will be Tuesday-Saturday. But that sure beats the old one I had at the other Nissan dealer, which was Monday-Saturday. So, work 5 days and get 2 off in a row, I can handle that. He is going to start me out at $11/hr but that will only be for the beginning, later I will most likely move to salary, and if I am going to work longer hours, it will cost more money of course. But hey, right now I don't have anyone in my life, so maybe that is a blessing in disguise. It will keep my thoughts off of other people, people that for some strange reason gave up on me when they shouldn't have. Oh well, you just can never tell about people, you think you know them, and boom, they suddenly seem like someone you never knew. Got to go for now, I have a life to lead and much to do while I have that life. I am now once again looking forward to my future again.
Comments:
Post a Comment