Friday, December 12, 2003
Talked to Bruce...
"Without laughter, there is no hope, and without hope, there is nothing."
(Thursday December 11, 2003)
this morning, I called him. He told me to just be patient, they still were waiting for the report on my South Dakota license. I hope it does not take another week to get it here, I hope it comes in tomorrows mail. I am assuming it will come in the mail, since it is from another state. I went down to Cottonwood Park today (pictures) and watched the white geese and the pigieons. Next time I go I will take a bag of bird seed with me and feed the pigeons. They are not as much fun as the Canadian Geese, but they will do. They come and land right on the picnic table next to me. I will take some really close up photos of them next time I am there. Also took a number of shots of the Neutria, a beaver like rodent that also looks like a gigantic rat. There were quite a number of babies and in their own way, they were very cute. Had one come right up to me, so using my 135mm tele lens, took some close ups. I won't have those pics posted until I get to work and make some money to have the pics developed. I cannot wait to get a good paycheck. As irresponsible as it may be, I am going to spend $300 on a new digital camera and give this little one to Mom. Fujifilm has one out called the Finepix S5000 that has the equvalent of a 38-370mm zoom lens in a 35mm SLR. For what I want now out of my photography, it will be perfect. The professional review on CNET.com gave it low marks for the picture quality, but 90% of the reviews gave it a thumbs up. It is shaped like a 35mm, gives the user incredible control over the shots (full auto, full manuel,and anything in between), is auto-focus and with a 128mb card (purchased seperately, $45) can store several hundred pictures. I know if the pictures are just as good as my little camera, I will be more than satisfied. I have no interest in printing photos, I want all mine to be digital, so I am sure it will work out just fine. My vision and goals are to go somewhere every weekend and shoot pictures, and with this camera there will be no waiting to get film developed. I calculated it today, and the cost of buying and developing 60 rolls of cheap Dollar Store film will cover the cost of this camera. And like I said, no having to change film after 24 shots. I shoot lots and lots of shots of the same things because it takes many to get one good one most times. Besides, I can delete on the run if one is not a very good picture. This is what I like to do, and it is what I will do. Tam got me into going places and doing things, and I will forever be grateful for that. I cannot wait to get to work, get the camera and get on with chronicling my life. Sort of an autobiography, being written as I go, one day at a time. I now wish I had not bought that little digital, but in the long run this is going to work out. Mom will get one that serves her needs and I will get one that serves mine. Also, I am going to buy the Buick from Dad. Ironic isn't it, the Buick was Tammi's when I met her and now I no longer have her, but I will have her car. Life is full of strange twists.
(Thursday December 11, 2003)
this morning, I called him. He told me to just be patient, they still were waiting for the report on my South Dakota license. I hope it does not take another week to get it here, I hope it comes in tomorrows mail. I am assuming it will come in the mail, since it is from another state. I went down to Cottonwood Park today (pictures) and watched the white geese and the pigieons. Next time I go I will take a bag of bird seed with me and feed the pigeons. They are not as much fun as the Canadian Geese, but they will do. They come and land right on the picnic table next to me. I will take some really close up photos of them next time I am there. Also took a number of shots of the Neutria, a beaver like rodent that also looks like a gigantic rat. There were quite a number of babies and in their own way, they were very cute. Had one come right up to me, so using my 135mm tele lens, took some close ups. I won't have those pics posted until I get to work and make some money to have the pics developed. I cannot wait to get a good paycheck. As irresponsible as it may be, I am going to spend $300 on a new digital camera and give this little one to Mom. Fujifilm has one out called the Finepix S5000 that has the equvalent of a 38-370mm zoom lens in a 35mm SLR. For what I want now out of my photography, it will be perfect. The professional review on CNET.com gave it low marks for the picture quality, but 90% of the reviews gave it a thumbs up. It is shaped like a 35mm, gives the user incredible control over the shots (full auto, full manuel,and anything in between), is auto-focus and with a 128mb card (purchased seperately, $45) can store several hundred pictures. I know if the pictures are just as good as my little camera, I will be more than satisfied. I have no interest in printing photos, I want all mine to be digital, so I am sure it will work out just fine. My vision and goals are to go somewhere every weekend and shoot pictures, and with this camera there will be no waiting to get film developed. I calculated it today, and the cost of buying and developing 60 rolls of cheap Dollar Store film will cover the cost of this camera. And like I said, no having to change film after 24 shots. I shoot lots and lots of shots of the same things because it takes many to get one good one most times. Besides, I can delete on the run if one is not a very good picture. This is what I like to do, and it is what I will do. Tam got me into going places and doing things, and I will forever be grateful for that. I cannot wait to get to work, get the camera and get on with chronicling my life. Sort of an autobiography, being written as I go, one day at a time. I now wish I had not bought that little digital, but in the long run this is going to work out. Mom will get one that serves her needs and I will get one that serves mine. Also, I am going to buy the Buick from Dad. Ironic isn't it, the Buick was Tammi's when I met her and now I no longer have her, but I will have her car. Life is full of strange twists.
Comments:
Post a Comment